Anita Lakhani is an Associate with Alvarez-Glasman & Colvin, and specializes in the area of Municipal Law. She provides legal counsel involving the Public Records Act, Brown Act, Political Reform Act, public contracting, land use, and environmental law.
Ms. Lakhani earned her Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School where she concentrated in both Corporate and Environmental Law. She was a member of Loyola's Transactional Negotiation Team where she drafted and negotiated various employment, business and commercial agreements. Ms. Lakhani also competed in the State Bar of California's Environmental Negotiation Competition where she represented the California Office of the Attorney General in an improper disposal of waste enforcement action against a private entity.
While in law school, Ms. Lakhani clerked in the Los Angeles office of the California Office of the Attorney General, Land Law Department. She also clerked for the United States Small Business Administration in the National Disaster Loan Resolution Center located in Santa Ana. Additionally, she volunteered with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles where she assisted victims of domestic violence with obtaining temporary restraining orders and permanent orders.
Prior to law school, Ms. Lakhani attended the University of California, Riverside where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School (2016)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of California, Riverside (2012)
- California (2016)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (2016)
- Constitutional Law
- Election Law and Initiative Process
- Federal and State Litigation
- Government Relations/Legislative Advocacy
- Land Use and Environmental Law
- Public Agency - Municipal Law
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- California State Bar, Environmental Law Section
- American Bar Association, State and Local Government Law Section