Teresa Chen is a Senior Associate with the Firm, and specializes in the area of Municipal Law. She provides legal counsel in multiple areas of municipal compliance, including matters involving the Public Records Act, Political Reform Act, public works and utilities, public contracting, land use, water conservation and storage, code enforcement, and workplace violence.
Ms. Chen currently serves as a Deputy City Attorney for the Cities of Pomona, Pico Rivera, Chico, Montebello, Huntington Park, and Bell Gardens. She also serves as counsel to the City of Pomona's Board of Parking Place Commissioners, Banning Library District, and the South Coast Air Quality Management District's Hearing Board.
Ms. Chen is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional with a specialization in Commercial Operations and Maintenance (LEED AP® O+M). With this background, Ms. Chen advises public and private sector entities regarding projects and contracts requiring familiarity with sustainable building and land use standards.
Ms. Chen is a volunteer with the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Domestic Violence Project, which assists domestic violence victims with pursuing temporary restraining orders to protect themselves and their families.
- Juris Doctor, Southwestern University School of Law (2007)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Los Angeles (2004)
SERVICE AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- The Cleft Foundation, Board Member (April 2016 - March 2017)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Domestic Violence Project, Volunteer Attorney (2010 - Present)
- Pasadena Senior Center
- Board Member (2012 - 2014 and January 2016 - August 2016)
- Programs & Operations Committee Member (2011 - 2014 and January 2016 - August 2016)
- Programs & Operations Committee Chair (2014)
- Social Services Committee Member (January 2016 - August 2016)
- League of California Cities - Women's Caucus Member (2015 - Present)
- League of California Cities' City Attorneys Department - Municipal Law Handbook Committee, Volunteer Reviewer (2014 -2015)
- Speaker on Laws Affecting Homelessness in Pomona, Pomona's Community Forum on Homelessness (August 2015)
- Regional Chamber of Commerce - San Gabriel Valley
- Vice President of Economic Development (2013 - 2014)
- Vice President of Membership (2012-2013, 2014)
- Board Member (2012 - 2014)
- Ambassador (2010-2011)
- Union Station Homeless Services, Kitchen Volunteer (2008 - 2012)
- Speaker on LEED Project Case Study at the Municipal Green Building Conference and Expo, U.S. Green Building Council - Los Angeles Chapter (April 2010)
- California (2007)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (2007)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2007)
- Public Agency - Municipal Law
- Land Use and Environmental Law
- Sustainable Land use, Building, and Operations
- Government Relations/Legislative Advocacy
**LEED AP® and the LEED AP logos are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and are used with permission.