Andrew L. Jared is a Partner with the Firm, handling both litigation and transactional matters. He presently serves as General Counsel for the Banning Library District, and Assistant City Attorney for the cities of Pomona and Chico.
Mr. Jared has extensive experience regarding municipal compliance, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), contract negotiations, and civil litigation. He has represented cities, governmental agencies, special districts, subcontractors, and developers in breach of contract, writ of mandamus, tort, construction, and insurance litigation. He has completed over three hundred and sixty depositions, and tried his first jury trial and twelve bench trials while still in law school.
Mr. Jared earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Pepperdine University School of Law, and a Master's of Science in Environmental Management from the University of London, Wye College. He attended the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) as an undergraduate, earning a B.A. in Geography.
Between undergraduate work and law school, he lived in Tokyo, Japan for over two years teaching English to business professionals in the publishing industry and to the Japanese National Farmers Cooperative (Zennoh). He has traveled extensively through Asia, including trips to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, and Japan.
He was born, raised, and attended public schools in Pomona, California. He currently resides in the eastern San Gabriel Valley. He is an avid enthusiast of trout fishing, archery, and sporting clays.
SERVICE, AWARDS, PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Mt. San Antonio College Citizens' Oversight Committee, Business/Community Representative (2014 - Present)
- Planning Commission, City of Glendora, Commissioner (2011 - Present); Chairman (2013 - 2014)
- Trails Committee, City of Glendora, Committee member (2003 - 2011)
- Editor, Municipal Law Handbook, City Attorneys Department, League of California Cities (2013 -2015)
- Reviewer, Municipal Law Handbook, City Attorneys Department, League of California Cities (2007 ed.)
- Member, Imperial College Alumni Association (2014 - Present)
- Member, Pomona Rotary Club, Rotary International (2011 - Present)
- Continent Leader, Rotary District 5300, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) (2013)
- Pomona Valley Habitat for Humanity, Member of the Board of Directors(August 2014 - April 2015)
- Cub Scout Pack 493, Assistant Cubmaster (Glendora) (2011 - 2013)
- Glendora Youth Valleyball, Coach (2013)
- Glendora Youth Basketball, Coach (2012)
- Glendora Lassie League Softball, Assistant Coach (2010 & 2011)
- Mothers and Fathers in Sympathy and Support (M.I.S.S) Foundation, Co-Founder Arcadia Chapter, 2002-2010; Glendora Chapter (2010 - 2013)
- Law Enforcement Agencies and the Public Records Act", Presentation to the California Law Enforcement Association of Records Supervisors, Inland Chapter (April 2008)
Juris Doctor, Pepperdine University, School of Law (2001)
Master's of Science in Environmental Management, University of London, Wye College (now, Imperial College London)(1999)
Bachelor of Arts in Geography, University of California at Los Angeles (1993)
Supreme Court of the State of California (2001)
United States District Court, Central District of California (2001)
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2013)
Public Agency - Municipal Law
Public Agency - Special Districts
Land Use, Environmental, and Real Estate Development
Government Relations/Legislative Advocacy
Election Law and Initiative Process